7.23.2008

Get to know me...

First let me say thank you for stopping by. This is going to be a place where everyone can see what is going on, what I am doing, and to get to know me. So lets get started....

Well by now you know my name is Shelly. Just simply Shelly, not Michelle or any other forms of the name that everyone tends to ask me. LOL. I am a mother of two beautiful daughters, Cassie age 11 and Maddie age 10, they are the love of my life and are growing up to impress me more and more each day. Take a look!

Yeah I know Ahhhhh.....just kidding! They are the reason I am who I am now. In 2001, I was diagnosed with the disease Fibromyalgia. The first few years of being diagnosed my life was hell, I lost everything... And I mean everything my home, my independence and everything that was important to me. I moved in with my mother and step-father out in the middle of no where (no offense mom but you live in BFE!) for 6 month. During the first 6 months of becoming ill I spent many many trips to doctors and the hospital as they poked and scanned every inch of me. They didn't know for almost a year what was wrong with me. Every trip to the doctor I hoped for just a "label" to what was wrong. I was at a point that if they told me "Sorry you have cancer" I would have been relieved so I could just get treatment and work on getting better or comfortable. Finally they said I had Fibromyalgia, I didn't exactly know what it was but was thankful for my "label". Once I was home I Googled (my best friend) Fibro and found out a BUNCH of information. I changed some (can't change completely) of my life and BAM everything changed. It has been a struggle for the last 7 years, though now I have less and less bad days. But I can't do the 9 to 5 anymore and I need to work more at different pace. After many failed attempts to be independent in business (ie: my sewing biz SUCKED! I sew well but why buy from me when ya got Wal-mart!). Here I am in all my glory trying to do something that I ABSOLUTELY love. Taking pictures! I am going to go through some of my old film pictures next week and scan some for you guys to see where I have been in my photography journey.

I have been taking pictures since my parents bought me my first film camera it was a Kodak Cameo Camera in the mid 80's. (yeah I am not as young as I used to be! But for a point and shoot this little thing was great. I used it for years before I broke the little flip up flash and it was done. Then I moved to a Pentax 35mm SLR. I loved this camera and took many roles of film with it. It was paycheck from my boss. He couldn't pay me cash so he paid me with the camera. It came (I still have it beaten and abused as it is) 3 lenses, flash, filters, a grip(which I could never get to work) and a nice bag. I still use the lenses and the bag but the camera is now just a decorative thing now that I went digital. Now I shoot with an Olympus E series camera that thank god for Craigslist, I bartered a scooter that I had for a new camera. With gas prices getting higher and higher it was easy to get someone to barter with. It was a college kid's and only had less than 2500 shots taken on it!

I have been shooting for a while with it and loving it.

Well now ya know about me.....let me show ya some of my work!



No comments:

Take a look into the past...

pittsburghwedding.com

stats